Friday, April 6, 2018

Must Love Babies by Lynette Austin

I’m a big fan of babies.  I mean, they’re all ugly until like six months, but I’m still a fan of them.  And nothing is more of a turn on than a big, strong many holding a little baby in his arms.  That’s more swoon-worthy than the hottest romance novel, in my opinion.  Now combine them!

Blurb: Brant Wylder is a bachelor and loving it!  He’s in Misty Bottoms, Georgia, property-hunting for his vintage car repair shop when he gets the call.  His sister’s been in an accident, and Brant has to drop everything and take care of seven-month—old nephew.  That’s the end of the bachelor lifestyle.  Bridal boutique owner Molly Stiles is all business all the time, until she sees that Brant’s in trouble.  In this southern town, nobody ever has to go it alone.  And besides, how can she resist that beautiful baby in the arms of a beautiful man…?

Review:  Must Love Babies by Lynette Austin was exactly what I expected from the blurb on the back cover.  It was cute and sweet, sure to give you butterflies fluttering about in your stomach and soft sighs every now and again.  It’s the sort of book you’d want to read after a long week at work because it just sort of… flows.

Brant Wylder is definitely a man worth reading about.  He’s hot, he drops everything to help his sister, and he gets really upset if you paint your vintage car the wrong red.  The perfect man.  There were plenty of laughs had watching him try and take care of a seven-month-old, but I probably laughed harder than most given that I’m currently nannying a seven-month-old and I know just how difficult the whole process can be.

Molly Stiles in an independent woman who don’t need no man, especially since she’s swamped with daddy issues.  If there’s one thing I’m not a huge fan of in romance novels it is daddy issues in my heroines.  I love drama, but for some reason I strongly dislike when my main characters refuse to open themselves to love because of their parents.  Give me PTSD, give me a crazy ex, give me a fear that they’re only after you for your money.  Whatever, just don’t give me mommy/daddy issues.  That said I didn’t dislike her as a character.  She drops everything multiple times to help Brant for no other reason than to ease his burden, she protects his nephew like her own, and she’s making her business dreams a reality.

Neither of them were looking for a complicated relationship but boy did they find it. They didn’t just fall in love though, they seriously fought it.  So if reluctant romance is your thing, you should pick up this book immediately.  I didn’t hate this book, but I’ll admit that it wasn’t exactly my taste.  That’s on me though, because the writing and characters are solid.  Just don’t go into Must Love Babies expecting erotic sex scenes or explosive drama because someone took a charming small town and shoved it between the covers of a book.

Must Love Babies is out now so grab a copy & get your baby fix!



No comments:

Post a Comment