Friday, March 3, 2017

The Deep End by Kristen Ashley

The Deep End by Kristen Ashley is something else.  You won’t find another book like it.  It was unique, exciting, and incredibly erotic.  You’re going to have to need to take a breather, or two, or three, honestly.  This will probably take you a couple days.

Olivier is an alpha male looking to explore his submissive side at the elite Honey Club.  A club that helps men and women turn their deepest, darkest desires into sensual realities.  Olivier is chosen by Amelie, one of the club’s top mistresses, who dreams of finding a man who can be both a submissive and a permanent part of her life outside the club boundaries.  As their relationship quickly develops both Olivier and Amelie are eager to keep things headed in the right direction, but Olivier is hiding a secret that could very well threaten everything they’ve build together.

If you’re like me you might sometimes say, “Man, I love this book, but I wish there were more sex scenes.”  You will not be asking that while reading The Deep End.  In fact, you might actually think, “holy hell, this book has a shit ton of sex scenes.”  Because it does.

But oh my god, they are well written.  The whole book is.  It’s really a work of art.  I don’t know that I’ve ever read a romance novel where I could picture everything because of how well it is described.  Normally I am not a fan of over-description because I feel like it keeps me from truly falling into a story.  But that was not the case here.  In fact, as a newbie to BDSM novels like this one, I found it really helped me picture everything and everyone.  It put me more in the story.

The sex scenes will have you squirming in your seat, eager to turn the next page and find out where Ms. Ashley could possibly go with it all.  You’d think that she couldn’t keep the fifth scene as interesting as the first, or the fifteenth as interesting as the sixth, but she does and it’s fabulous.  You’ll never be bored.

I wouldn’t recommend this to anyone with more delicate sensibilities or someone who prefers romance over rough, hard sex because your mind will probably explode.  Into a million pieces.  You’ve been warned. 


No comments:

Post a Comment