Monday, October 10, 2016

Wild by Sophie Jordan

Sophie Jordan’s Wild (the third book in her Ivy series) had my jaw dropping.  I typically read the dirtiest of the dirtiest as far as romance novels go.  I blushed while reading 50 Shades of Grey on a public bus (total mistake by the way), the Crossfire Series had me sweating a bit, but nothing as of yet has got me going like Wild. 

This book was given to me, in a bag of books, by a coworker of mine.  I grabbed Wild out not realizing that it was actually the final book of three.  Honestly though, it didn’t really make a difference because the book worked perfectly as a standalone.

Georgia is the perfect daughter, perfect girlfriend, and perfect student.  Too perfect, too boring, at least that’s what her ex-boyfriend said when he broke up with her.  Now Georgia is trying to prove to herself, and everyone else, that she isn’t the boring, predictable Georgia that everyone has come to expect.  Cue Logan.  Logan is her friend’s little brother, which puts him smack dag in the ‘friend’ territory.  When they run into each other at a… unique sort of party, sparks fly.  Now Georgia is stuck between staying in her safe little world or letting Logan show her there’s more to life than being perfect.

Normally I prefer books that have more too them than simply following the relationship of two characters.  I like crime, I like mystery, I like a lot of story.  Still, it’s nice every once in a while to read a book that’s basically sex, sex, sex, which is what this was. 

There was humor, drama (my favorite), and so many intensely sexual scenes that I had to take a couple breathers.  The book is short, so it won’t take you very much time to work your way through it.  I felt that there were a few too many “oh my gosh, I can’t be with Logan because he’s my friend’s younger brother” moments, but then again, I, myself, am an over-thinker, so maybe I would be doing that, too.  Especially if the guy I was interested in was younger than me to boot. 


I’m desperate to read the other two books in the series, and so grateful that my coworker remembered to put them in the bag.  I would recommend these books to anyone who loves fast, hot reads and doesn’t mind a teeny bit of eye-rolling drama from time to time.  This book will heat you up faster than a fire on a snowy evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment