Saturday, September 24, 2016

A Sure Thing by Marie Harte

When I first picked up A Sure Thing by Marie Harte I’ll admit I judged a book by its cover.  I saw a slash of pink and thought, ‘well, this will be a nice, pleasant read’.  Wow, I was wrong.  There was nothing nice about this book.  It was hard, fast, and hot.

There’s a smart, female psychologist trying to find ‘The One’.  A handsome ex-marine try to help his sister.  And a crazy ex-FWB trying to meddle where she doesn’t belong.

A Sure Thing’s plot revolves entirely around the relationship between Landon and Ava.  There’s no mystery, no criminal aspect, and only the slightest secondary plot regarding family.  Sometimes you’re just in the mood for a sexy read though, so that’s not really a point against the book. 

The characters are developed. Ava and Landon have stories and backgrounds that I want to know more about.  Even the secondary characters are fascinating and I am reasonably sure we will be seeing their stories in the near future. There were a few brief moments where I found myself thinking things were getting a little overdramatic in terms of character interactions, but all in all, I enjoyed the way the characters connected with one another. I love head strong women and domineering men, and Ms. Harte switches their personalities up just enough that you don’t feel like you’re reading a cookie cutter version of a romance novel.

A Sure Thing is… a sure thing, as silly as that sounds.  You won’t be disappointed with the sexy way Landon Donnigan handles smart, haughty Ms. Rosenthal.  It’s a naughty read that will have you turning the pages desperate for more.


                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment