Monday, October 30, 2017

Follow by Tessa Bailey

Title: Follow
Author: Tessa Bailey
Publication Date: TODAY

Blurb:

He wants her soul. Too bad she already sold it.

Family is everything to gambling den darling, Teresa Valentini. Blood comes first, especially before men. So when her brother lands himself in hot water, she’s willing to do whatever it takes to save him. And showing up topless in her unwitting savior’s motel room is turning out to be the furthest thing from a hardship…

Will Caruso is the bad boy of New York’s financial scene…and he just found out the very thing that drives his success is a damn lie. Now, he’s exchanged his high-stress life for the open road, no one but his Great Dane…and half a million Instagram followers to keep him company. When a mysterious beauty arrives, her secrecy prods his suspicions, even while she tempts his lust to the breaking point.

Teresa met Will under false pretenses, but the bond consuming them is real. They’re strong enough to overcome a little betrayal…aren’t they?

Review:

Wowza.  Wow, wow, wow.  WOW.  Did I say wow?  Tessa Bailey’s Follow came out of nowhere for me.  There I was still recovering from her last novel Indecent Exposure (review can be found here) when all of a sudden I received an email asking if I wanted to read and review her upcoming novel Follow.  Uh, yes, sign me up immediately.

I didn’t even read a blurb about Follow before picking it up.  I just instantly downloaded it and began reading.  I was drawn in by the idea of mob threats, and deception, and family before everything.  It was intriguing from the get-go.  There was only a brief moment where the speed with which the characters moved had me wondering whether this story was going to seem like someone’s wet dream fantasy rather than a romance novel, but that was quickly overtaken with the hilarity of the dialogue and the passion between the characters.

Teresa is a relatable woman.  Sure, she works at an illegal gambling den, she’s got a history with the mob, and she’s working one last job to save her brother… but other than those things she’s totally relatable.  It was so refreshing to have a female character who knows she’s attractive and isn’t afraid to use that to her advantage.  Too often I feel like female protagonists are forced to do the whole “I’m attractive but I don’t know it” song and dance.  How exhausting.  Teresa don’t play that game.

Will is drop dead gorgeous, of course.  And rich.  Oh, and he loves his dog.  I would be rolling my eyes at his perfection, but he was just too damn likeable.  His personality eventually won me over and his attraction for Teresa was the cherry on top.

I love their relationship.  Tessa Bailey’s characters always have the hottest sex, but Will and Teresa take it to another level.  There is some incredibly sexy role-playing but what is even sexier is Will’s dedication to ensuring that Teresa is always okay.  That their relationship is unaffected by the dangerous nature of their role play.  His checking up on her was without a doubt the most amazing part of the novel.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen a male character do that and it made me realize that maybe I’ve been expecting too little from my men.

Overall, fabulous read.  Just fabulous.  It had action.  It had passionate sex scene after passionate sex scene.  It had draaammmmaaa.  It had… everything, basically.  Nothing was lacking from this book.  It had me reeling time and time again.  When Tessa Bailey’s name comes across my computer screen I put down whatever I’m doing and I start reading.  Immediately.  You will, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment