Tuesday, September 12, 2017

All I Want for Halloween by Marie Harte

Title: All I Want for Halloween
Author: Marie Harte
Publisher: Sourcebooks
Publication Date: October 2017

Blurb: Tonight, Sadie Liberato plans to let go.  Dressed up and anonymous, Sadie feels powerful, sexy, and free.  Where better to lose herself than a costume party?  Gear Blackstone’s cheating ex and scheming best friend have managed to spin his life into a serious downward spiral.  At least with a mask on he can cut loose for one night.  And cut loose he does—with the sexiest, snarkiest woman he’s ever met.  After a scorching-hot encounter, Sadie and Gear are desperate to find each other in real life.  But can the heat last when the masks come off?

Review:  Until receiving this beauty in the mail I'd never really considered the idea of Halloween themed romance novel.  I suppose I should have expected they existed however given that there are dozens of romance novels out there in which a woman engages in an elicit affair with a dinosaur.  Don't believe me? Click here.  This is one of many and--what a blessing--it's free for your Kindle.  Maybe I'll make it my next review.
All I Want for Halloween by Marie Harte doesn't actually have all that much to do with Halloween other than the characters, Sadie and Gear, meet at a Halloween party.  So if the thought of Halloween turns you off you may still enjoy this novel.
Sadie and Gear aka. Harrison aren't unique characters.  Sadie has that 'I don't trust men' attitude that I don't particularly fancy in my characters but thankfully it's not all that distracting.  I really resonated with her inability to control her temper and running her mouth.  That's something I'm constantly struggling with and it was very enjoyable to see a character who doesn't always know the right and perfect thing to say.
Gear is another relatively generic character but that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy him.  I liked his attitude, I liked his looks, and I loved his dirty mouth.  Sometimes you crave the romance in a romance novel and sometimes you just want some guy who doesn't mind saying exactly what he's thinking and then doing exactly what he's saying.
Together Sadie and Gear had explosive chemistry.  I had doubts for their relationship for a while but as the book progressed I enjoyed listening to their banter and watching the intimacy develop beyond just sex.  I wanted to see them work.
The book wasn’t out-of-this-world or utterly amazing but it was funny, entertaining, and an all-around good time.  I don’t consider the time spent reading this novel a waste of an evening but rather an enjoyable use of my time.  All I Want for Halloween is a read that will keep you laughing but also get that blood pumping.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment