Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Heart on Fire (Kingmaker Chronicles #3) by Amanda Bouchet

Title: Heart on Fire (The Kingmaker Chronicles)
Author: Amanda Bouchet
Publication Date: January 2018
Publisher: Sourcebooks

Blurb: 

Who is Catalia Fisa?

With the help of pivotal figures from her past, Cat begins to understand the root of her exceptional magic, her fated union with Griffin Sinta, and Griffin's role in shaping her destiny.

Only Cat holds the key to unlocking her own power, and that means finally accepting herself, her past, and her future in order to protect her loved ones, confront her murderous mother, and taking a final, terrifying step--reuniting all three realms and taking her place as the Queen of Thalyria.

What doesn't kill her will only make her stronger...we hope.

Review:

My reaction reading the first book in a great series:  “When are they going to have sex?  Wow, that was a great sex scene.  When’s the next sex scene?”

My reaction reading the second book in a great series:  “That was a great sex scene, but I’m really wondering what’s going to happen next with this amazing and tumultuous plot line.”

My reaction reading the third book in a great series:  “How many pages until I’m done with this sex scene and can figure out how this book is going to end?!?!?!?!”

That exactly how my reading the Kingmaker Chronicles series went.  For those of you who haven’t read the previous two novels A Promise of Fire and Breath of Fire, please pause your reading of this review and go BUY THEM.  I’m not even kidding.  They’re my most highly recommended novels of all time.

You can read my review of A Promise of Fire here and my review of Breath of Fire here.  If you follow my reviews and you haven’t yet purchased these books or you just read the reviews and haven’t purchased the books then please reevaluate your life choices!

Heart on Fire was a fantastic ending to a trilogy that has had my love and devotion from the very first sentence.  I’m going to have to read this novel again immediately because honestly I was so tense and anxious during my first read that I barely retained any information whatsoever.  Add in the fact that reading Heart on Fire only made me want to go back and reread the first two books in the series and I’m going to be spending the next few days knee deep in the Kingmaker Chronicles.  I’m not even mad about it… it seems like a fantastic way to spend my time.

The chemistry between Griffin and Cat is some of the best I’ve ever read.  Their love for one another bled off the pages and inserted itself deep inside my chest.  The way they communicate with one another, the way they trust one another unconditionally, the way they live for one another… it’s just the epitome of love.  I find myself thinking about their partnership long after I’ve finished reading their story.

Author Amanda Bouchet has some serious talent when it comes to weaving stories and creating believable characters.  The plot that has carried over these three novels is some of the best story-telling I’ve ever encountered.  Just when you think you know what’s about to happen she flips your world upside down and introduces another twist that has your head reeling.  She has had me enraptured from the very beginning, desperate to know what’s around every page.  If you’re tired of novels where you can see the ending coming a mile away then you need to pick up this series.

The best part about the Kingmaker Chronicles is that the characters within these pages are a family, a family you want to be a part of and Amanda Bouchet makes you believe that you can be.  I desperately hope that the author takes a Gena Showalter approach to her novels and just weaves a world with these people she’s created, taking us on adventure after adventure.

Heart on Fire isn’t out until January 2018, but never fear… that gives you plenty of time to pick up the first two books in the series and read them over, and over, and over again.


No comments:

Post a Comment